Therapeutic bodywork for expectant mothers
- Pregnancy massage - £45 (60 mins)
- Pregnancy massage & tropic facial - £59 (80 mins)
- Back/neck/shoulders/scalp massage - £35 (45 mins)
Our Pregnancy Massage is designed specifically for use during and after pregnancy. The popularity of prenatal massage has increased over the years due to the therapeutic bodywork that it provides for the mother. Prenatal massages help ease the transition by focusing directly on the changes that mum will experience leading up to the childbirth. By being able to enhance the function of muscles and joints and improve circulation, prenatal massage has proven to be very beneficial to many expecting mothers. It is typically used for relaxation and to deal with pregnancy related pain or discomfort.
The massage, usually lasts 1 hour, and the woman tends to lie on her side supported by towels. Several massage techniques are preformed, which have been developed specifically for expectant mums to be.
Massage is great for easing tension and relaxing the muscles.
Benefits of massage during pregnancy
- Reduces Anxiety
- Reduces fluid build up in the ankles
- Reduces blood pressure
- Circulation works more effectively to help pump blood through to the heart
- Alleviates cramps
- Carpel tunnel – helps reduce fluid in the tissues
- Improves lymphatic drainage
- Helps stretch tight muscles
- Detoxification, removal of fluid makes the skin look healthier
For more information about Pregnancy Massage and its benefits, please visit the Embody Guide to Pregnancy Massage.